Nail regrowth is a timely process and can take several months even without infection. With fungal infections, it can take longer than a healthy nail as infected toenails routinely suffer from thickening of the nail which slows growth.
Proper toenail hygiene is essential in the fight against infection and reinfection. By following these simple steps, you can substantially reduce the risk of a fungal nail infection occurring.
• Wear breathable footwear when possible
• Wear 100% cotton socks and change them often
• Keep feet protected in shared bathroom settings
• Keep feet dry throughout the day
• Recognise and treat tinea pedis (athlete’s foot)
• Perform preventive care if you suffer from a chronic disorder